Sunday, July 11, 2010

Butterfly Haven

(a continuance of yesterday's excursions from the previous post.)

Courtney, Dan and I were driving to find an abandoned roller rink and somehow ended up at Arnold's Wildlife Rehabilitation Center . Which was a beautifully run place with wonderful people. As well as being a wildlife rehab they also have a butterfly garden!!! I'm apt to "squee" everytime I see a butterfly so randomly running into this beautiful place was so amazing to me.


There were two lovely volunteers who also helped point out many different species of caterpillar and butterfly amongst everything else they taught us.



                  



                               







 Here are two of my better shots. I fell in love with the blur on the one above and I like the curve of the flowers stem on the one to the right. It gives it an almost 3D look.









There were a lot of orange flowers and I loved the way they were so bright and contrasty so I had a lot of fun shooting those as well.


And I'll leave you with my favorite shot of the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment